1 cup assorted berries, fresh
1 cup watermelon, cut in ½-inch cubes
1 cup ripe bananas, sliced
1 cup papaya, cut in ½-inch cubes
¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
1 ¼ cups Nestlé Carnation Full Cream Milk
1/8 cup Green Butterfly Condensed Milk
1 tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp nutmeg, ground
½ tbsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp dark rum
1 egg yolk
½ tbsp cornstarch
• Divide fruits in four glass bowls or stem glasses. Layer fruits as desired. Set aside in the refrigerator.
• For Custard: In a saucepan over medium heat combine 1 cup of Nestlé Carnation Full Cream Milk, Green Butterfly Condensed Milk, vanilla essence, cinnamon and nutmeg. Allow mixture to come to a simmer.
• In a clean mixing bowl, using a wire whisk, combine egg yolk, vanilla essence, rum, corn starch and remaining Nestlé Carnation Full Cream Milk.
• Pour ½ cup of heated milk mixture to egg mixture. Whisk until combined. Combine with the rest of heated milk mixture over low heat, whisk constantly until mixture begins to thicken. Once thickened, set aside to cool.
• Spoon 2 tbsp of mixture over chilled fruit bowls and complete with toasted coconut flakes.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Serves: 4 people