MAGGI® Jerk chicken sounds like the plan for the third place play off or even the finals! Grab that chicken and MAGGI® Jerk Seasoning! Let’s get this grill roaring!
2 bunches scallion
4 to 9 Scotch bonnet/habanero peppers, seeded, chopped
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup dark rum
1/4 cup or dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
3 x 10g sachets MAGGI® Season-up Jerk
4 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp black pepper
2 x 10g sachets MAGGI® Season-up Ginger
1/2 tsp ground allspice
3/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Zest and juice of 4 limes
1 chicken, 5 to 6 pounds, cut into 8 pieces
How to do it
• Combine all ingredients except chicken in a large food storage bag; add the chicken pieces. Squeeze out the air; seal bag. Turn to coat chicken. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator 8-24 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
• Prepare a grill with an oiled rack for medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade; grill, turning once or twice, until the juices run clear or a thermometer inserted in thickest piece reads 165 degrees, 20-30 minutes. Remove the chicken to a platter; let rest 2 minutes before serving.
• In an electric oven, place chicken in pan and cover with foil.
• Place pan under the broiler at 400 degrees F.and broil for 25 minutes or until done.
• Remove the chicken to a platter; let rest 2 minutes before serving