Callaloo Lasagne Roll Ups
3/4 lb lasagne sheets
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 lb callaloo
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp Maggi Naturísimo
Freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup Carnation Evaporated Full Cream Milk
1 cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
• Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, less than 2 minutes. Drain and drizzle a bit of olive oil to prevent noodles from sticking together.
• Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add garlic, sauté for 30 seconds, add callaloo, season with Maggi Naturísimo and add Carnation Evaporated Full Cream Milk, cook until callaloo is tender (approximately 8 minutes), season with pepper. Allow to cool down in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
• Combine ricotta, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and parsley in a large mixing bowl and season with pepper. Add to cooled callaloo mixture.
• On a clean surface, lay out lasagne sheet. Place a few tablespoons of filling on each sheet and spread to cover from edge to edge.
• Roll the lasagne sheets up and place in a prepared casserole dish. Repeat until all of your filling is finished. Pour the tomato sauce over the rolled lasagne, making sure to cover all surfaces. The sauce will keep the lasagne hydrated and soft while baking.
• Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Preparation: 1 hour
Serves: 8 people