Ackee and Ham
- 1/2 cup Hamilton’s Smokehouse Smoked Picnic Ham (diced)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. green scotch bonnet pepper (finely sliced)
- 1/4 tsp pimento seed
- 1 dozen cooked ackees (or one 19oz canned ackee)
- 1 tsp salt to taste
- 2 small tomatoes (chopped)
- Escallion for garnish (sliced)
- 1 tsp. black pepper to taste
- 5 sprigs thyme
- Heat a large skillet. Add oil and heat up.
- Throw in the onion and sauté until slightly brown.
- Add garlic, scotch bonnet pepper, and ham and sauté.
- Fold drained ackees, leave to heat through for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato.
- Add escallion
- Add thyme, salt and black pepper to taste
- Serve immediately with freshly made crispy fried dumplings/Johnny cakes.