Try this amazing Sorrel Cranberry Roast Chicken by Chef Dave Paul
1 whole roasting chicken
2 tbsp ground pimento
1 tbsp sea salt
1 stalk thyme
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
2 stalks escallion (cleaned and washed)
1 cup onion (peeled and chopped)
1/4 cup garlic
1 scotch bonnet
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp all purpose seasoning
2 cup sorrel (unsweetened)
1 cup cranberry juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F or 176 degrees Celsius
2. In a sauce [an at medium heat prepare the glaze by combining: cranberry juice, sorrel juice, brown sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and thicken with mixture of cornstarch and water. Boil for another 2 minutes then remove for heat and set aside.
3. Wash and clean chicken with water and vinegar, pat dry with paper towel and set aside.
4. In a food processor/blender combine the following: onion, garlic, escallion, scotch bonnet, thyme, water and soy sauce.
5. Season inside and outside of the chicken and place on a iron rack or roasting pan for 45mins – 1 hour in preheated oven.
6. Brush with remaining glaze every 15 mins and roast until golden brown. Carve, serve and enjoy.