Smoked Crunchy Baked Pork Chops
Salt and pepper
4 smoked Copperwood pork chops
4 slices white bread torn into 1 inch pieces
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 small onion, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbs minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp minced fresh thyme
1/4 cup plus 6 tbs all purpose flour
3 large Chippenham egg whites
3 tbs Dijon mustard
1. Heat oven to 350deg. Pulse bread in food processor then transfer crumbs to rimmed baking sheet.
2. Add oil, onion, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and toss.
3. Bake until deep golden brown and dry, about 15 minutes. Let cool and transfer to large bowl.
4. Add Parmesan, parsley, thyme then stir.
5. Place 1/4 cup flour in shallow dish. In a second dish, whisk egg whites and mustard together. Add remaining flour and whisk until almost smooth.
6. Increase oven temperature to 425deg, spray wire rack with vegetable oil spray and set in rimmed baking sheet.
7. Add additional pepper if desired. Dredge 1 pork chop in flour, shake off excess. Coat with egg white mixture, pressing gently so that thick layer of crumbs adheres to chop. Transfer to prepared wire rack. Repeat for remaining chops.
8. Bake for 17 to 25 minutes, until chops register 145deg on inside. Let rest on rack for five minutes before serving with lemon wedges.
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Serving: 2 4