Reggae Jammin’ Beef Burger with Mint-infused Mango Salsa by Christopher Sinclair-McCalla
The Reggae Jammin’ Beef Burger with Mint infused Mango Salsa is perfect for those looking to kick things up a notch for the summer. What better way to channel the flavours of the season than to include ripe mangoes? Add to that chopped mint, bell peppers and lemon juice, and the resulting salsa is the perfect accompaniment.
Reggae Jammin’ Beef Burger Patties
Sesame burger buns
1 large tomato, sliced
1 large red onion, sliced
Lettuce leaves (iceberg)
1 ripe mango, peeled and pitted
1 half-ripe mango, peeled and pitted
1 small red bell pepper, cut into tiny cubes (brunoised)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped black mint
2 tbsp olive oil
Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Cut the mangoes into 1/4-inch dice and place in a bowl.
• Add the remaining ingredients and fold together.
• Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
• Cook Reggae Jammin’ Burgers according to package instructions.
• Assemble burgers with tomatoes, onions, lettuce and salsa.