Add a little pep in your step with the Reggae Jammin’ Gourmet Jerk Beef Burger. With spicy mayonnaise, heavy cream, white wine, mushrooms and barbecue sauce high on the ingredient list, you know this one is sure to impress.
2 packages Reggae Jammin’ Jerk Beef Burgers (thawed)
5 burger buns
1/2 lb button mushrooms
1/2 lb kale
10 slices of mozzarella cheese singles
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup coconut oil
5 tbsp garlic butter
4 tbsp spicy mayonnaise
3 tbsp barbeque sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 350°F, spread a thin layer of garlic butter to the underside of the burger buns.
• Place onto a foil lined tray, buttered side up, and toast until golden brown; if necessary flip the buns to toast the tops evenly.
• Pick kale leaves from the stalk, and place in a bowl. Dress the leaves with 1/3 of the coconut oil thoroughly, and season with a little salt and pepper and set aside in a fridge.
• Slice mushrooms thinly and set aside in a bowl.
• In a pan, use the remaining garlic butter and allow it to heat up. Once hot, cook the mushrooms, seasoning them well until they’ve caramelised.
• Once all the liquid has been cooked away, pour in your heavy cream and cook until creamy. Season to taste.
• Set aside once it’s cooked.
• In a non-stick skillet, pour out your coconut oil and allow to heat through.
• Once the pan is hot, cook burgers for four minutes on the first side with the flame on high.
• Flip the burger patties, cooking the other side for three minutes.
• Once cooked, place a slice of cheese on top of each patty, pour in the white wine and cover the pot quickly to create steam and melt the cheese. Cook for two minutes.
• Glaze bottom buns with barbecue sauce.
• Place the two burger patties.
• Add cooked mushrooms.
• Top with a small bunch of kale.
• Spread spicy mayonnaise on the top bun and finish the burger.
• Optional wine pairing Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc.