Jamaican Gluten Free Christmas Pudding
1 cup / 8 oz butter margarine
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups Jamaican Harvest Gluten Free Cassava Flour or Sweet Potato Flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups raisins (chopped)
1 cup currants
1 cup prunes (chopped)
1 tbsp mixed peels
1 cup cherries (chopped)
1/4 cup browning
1 tsp salt
1 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Place raisin, currant, prunes and mixed peels and wine in on air tight container, cover and allow to soak for atleast a week. Fruits can be soaked for months. Blend and use as directed. If in a rush, simmer fruits (except cherries) in wine on low heat for 20-30 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat and allow to cool, leave fruits to soak overnight or for 24 hours, then blend and use in cake. If some bite (pieces of fruit) is preferred some soaked fruits can be removed and not blended, then added to the batter along with blended fruits.
1. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Add eggs, one at a time. Ensure each egg is properly incorporated before adding the next.
3. Add lemon juice, vanilla and browning to egg mixture.
4. Fold in blended fruits, saved unblended fruits and cherries
5. In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients together (flour, cinnamon, mixed spices, salt and baking powder)
6. Fold in flour mix to egg batter.
7. Pour cake batter into greased, lined 9″ pan.
8. Bake for 1 1/2 hour or until tooth pick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean and sides pull away from pan.