Beef Lasagna Recipe
1 packet lasagna noodles (cooked and drained)
1 1/2 pound minced beef/ground beef
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
4 cloves garlic (crushed)
1 large tomato (diced)
1 large onion, chopped
1 large green sweet pepper (chopped)
1 tsp scotch bonnet pepper (chopped)
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 tsp dried Italian spice
1 can tomato paste (small)
2 tsp Grace Margarine
1/2 pound cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/2 pound mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp fresh basil
1/2 tsp parsley
1/8 tsp paprika
- Boil lasagne according to instructions on package. Drain and set aside.
- In a hot skillet, saute minced beef for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add seasonings and cook for about 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and reduce.
- Use 1 tablespoon Grace Hello Margarine to grease a 9×13 Pyrex dish.
To Assemble Lasagne:
- Place 3 layers of lasagne on the base of the dish, add a mixture of cheese, minced beef, another layer of lasagne, cheese, minced beef, lasagne, a mixture of cheese and minced beef and a final layer of lasagne.
- Brush lasagne with remaining Grace Hello Margarine, sprinkle on a mixture of cheese and 1/4 cup of powdered Parmesan cheese, and chopped herbs (fresh basil, and parsley) and paprika.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 45 minutes.
Prepared by Chef Karl Hart for Grace Foods.