Jamaican Fried Dumplings Recipe
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup Cold water
- Oil for cooking
- Use a large mixing bowl and combine the flour with salt and baking powder and mix together.
- Add some butter to the bowl and blend it well. Pour in some water at regular intervals to form dough. Do not make the dough too wet.
- Keep kneading the dough with both hands to render it softer and smoother. Leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the fridge and roll out 6-8 small sized balls out of it.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough to fry, put these dumplings in the oil and fry them. Flip them over to fry from both the sides.
- Dumplings should look light and fluffy after being fried.