Get ready to taste the Christmas season with this Caribbean Passion Asian Spiced Picnic Ham recipe!
1 Caribbean Passion picnic ham
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
2 tbsp shredded ginger
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp char sui sauce
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
1 1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Remove packaging and outer net from ham
3. Wrap the ham in several layers of foil and place in a baking dish
4. Fill the baking dish with water
5. Place ham in the oven to warm all the way through, approximately 10 minutes per pound.
6. In a bowl, combine honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce and char sui sauce, set aside.
7. Remove ham from oven, discard water and remove foil.
8. Peel away the skin and carve off the desired amount of fat.
9. Using a sharp knife, score the fat of the ham vertically and horizontally in a diamond pattern.
10. Stick a single clove into each cube.
11. Pour Asian glaze over the top of the ham.
12. Place in the oven to broil, basting occasionally until golden brown.
13. Remove from the oven when it has reached the desired colour; allow to rest before carving.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins per pound