- This topic is empty.
August 26, 2020 at 8:41 am #2915Jamaican RecipesKeymaster
One fancy dinner on a budget, coming right up! Being stuck at home means limited food options but LASCO is bringing takeout right to your dining table.
2 cans jack mackerel in tomato sauce (425g)
2 tbsps vegetable oil
1/4 tomato ketchup
1 tsp hot pepper sauce
4 tbsps soft margarine
9 lasagna noodles (cooked as instructed on package)
1/2 cup onion, diced
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsps all-purpose seasoning
2 1/2 cups milk
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch nutmeg
1/2 tsp dried basil
1. In a large skillet over low heat, add vegetable oil, onion, garlic, hot pepper sauce and sauté for two minutes.
2. Increase heat to medium flame and add tomato ketchup, dried basil, all-purpose seasoning and tomato, then cook for five minutes.
3. Debone jack mackerel and crush, then allow to cook for seven to 10 minutes, or until flavours blend together. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Melt soft margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then add flour, stirring constantly for 3 minutes to cook flour.
5. Slowly add milk while whisking until smooth, then add black pepper and nutmeg and continue whisking.
6. Reduce heat to low, then add ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese and ¼ cup Cheddar cheese and whisk until cheese is melted, then remove from heat and set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch Pyrex dish, then start by adding a spoon of the jack mackerel sauce to the dish, making sure it’s evenly coating the bottom. Layer three lasagna noodles, then spread jack mackerel sauce over them, followed by béchamel sauce.
8. Top with another 3 layers of lasagna noodles, the jack mackerel sauce, béchamel sauce, then cheese.
9. Add the final layer of noodles, then the jack mackerel, then béchamel sauce and the remaining cheese.
10. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow lasagna to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.