- This topic is empty.
August 26, 2020 at 8:45 am #2919Jamaican RecipesKeymaster
While everyone is at home, it is important to prepare meals together as a family, as it helps maintain that spirit of support and normality that is needed in the home space during this period of uncertainty.
1/2 cup LASCO Food Drink Vanilla
1/2 cup cold soft margarine
2 tbsps. cold iCool Water
1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
1/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. Vanilla
LASCO Strawberry Custard
2 packs of LASCO Food Drink Strawberry (120g)
1/4 cup cold soft margarine
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups iCool Water
2 large egg yolks
1 1/2tsps vanilla
1. Grease 24 tart shell or cupcake pans.
2. Combine LASCO Food Drink Vanilla, flour and sugar, then pinch with cold soft margarine until the mixture looks like large breadcrumb pieces. Whisk together egg yolk, iCool Water and vanilla until combined. Add to the flour mixture and mix until a dough is formed. Place in a bowl and allow to chill for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. In a saucepan, combine LASCO Food Drink Strawberry, iCool Water, sugar, salt and egg yolks. Whisk to combine, then put to boil. Stir constantly to avoid burning. Once mixture is thick, remove from heat and add soft margarine and vanilla. Allow to cool.
5. Roll tart dough about ¼-inch thick and cut out three-inch circles, then place into tart or cupcake pans. Place oven-safe plastic wrap inside the tart shells and fill with rice or peas to hold their shape. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove plastic wrap with rice or peas weight and place tart shelsl back in the oven until golden brown (five to eight minutes). Allow to cool.
6. Spoon strawberry mixture into tart shells, allow to set and serve.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.