Tradition with a modern touch. If you’re craving ‘Saturday soup’ with a twist, this is the perfect choice, and one the family will love. For versatility and simply, remove the shrimp and meat sauce for a vegetarian option.
1 can broad beans (400g)
1 can green peas (425g)
1 1/2 cans coconut milk (400g) or equivalent in LASCO Coconut Milk Powder
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp gourmet fish and meat auce
1 cup iCool Water or vegetable stock
1/4 cup chopped scallion
1 tsp chopped garlic
1 dz jumbo shrimp
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shaved almonds
1. Combine green peas, coconut milk, scallion, garlic, salt and iCool Water or vegetable stock in blender.
2. Puree for five minutes or until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
3. Remove from blender to stock pot and allow to simmer for five minutes on low to medium heat, while stirring consistently to avoid burning.
4. Add vegetable oil and gourmet fish and meat sauce to shrimp and allow to marinate for five minutes, then add to vegetable oil in skillet over low heat. Sauté shrimp for 5 minutes or until cooked.
5. Using ladle, spoon 1 cup of bisque into a bisque bowl, add shrimp to its centre, then top with shaved almonds and Parmesan cheese.