Grace Foods teamed up with international chef Andre Fowles from Food Quest! to create an amazing jerk grilled shrimp on roasted corn salad recipe. Try it, ingredients below.
2 lb. tail-on shrimp (peeled and deveined)
One 3-inch piece ginger (minced)
2 tablespoon Grace Pineapple Juice
1 tablespoon Grace Jerk Seasoning
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/2 Scotch bonnet (minced)
1/3 cup olive oil
3 Limes (zested and juiced)
1/2 cup diced fresh mango
2 tbsp red onion (diced)
1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Salt and pepper (to taste)
4 ears corn (shucked and par-boiled)
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
Oil, for brushing grill grates
1. Add the Grace Jerk seasoning, ginger, garlic, Scotch bonnet, olive oil and lime zest, pineapple juice and juice to a small bowl. Generously season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
2. Pour half of the marinade mixture into a resealable zip-top baggie. Add the shrimp and marinate for 20-30 minutes in the fridge (do not marinate for longer than an hour, or the acidic lime juice will start to cook the shrimp). Save the remaining half of the marinade for later.
3. Preheat the grill (or grill pan) to high heat and brush the grates with oil.
4. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and thread three shrimp on to two skewers, at a time.
5. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side until pink and no longer opaque.
6. Place the corn on the grill. Rotate to char all sides. Use knife to remove the kernels and discard the cob. Place the corn into a bowl then add the chopped cilantro, lime juice, red onion, cucumber, salt, paprika, black pepper and mango.
7. Strain the marinade mixture that was set aside and drizzle over the grilled shrimp. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with the grilled corn.