Grilled Seafood Platter with a passion fruit cocktail dip!
4 oz calamari tubes and tentacles
4 jumbo shrimps peeled and deveined (tails on) placed on bamboo skewers
4 oz smoked marlin (1/4 inch slices)
4 oz lobster meat cut in 2 oz pieces placed on bamboo skewers
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp lemon seafood spice
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp capers
1 tsp finely diced red onion
• Combine the calamari, shrimp and lobster along with the seafood spice, onion, olive oil, garlic and one tablespoon lemon juice in a large plastic bowl. Allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
• Pre-heat the grill to 350ºF.
• Place the calamari, shrimp and lobster on the grill, drizzle lightly with marinade; do not exceed six minutes cooking time.
• Place the smoked marlin in the remaining marinade; coat on both sides and place on the grill for two minutes.
• Remove all to a platter.
• In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the capers.
• Arrange the seafood on a platter and drizzle with the capers butter, place the passion fruit dip in a small bowl/ramekin.